Military caving award holders who wish to gain the BCA civilian LCMLA and CIC awards can gain exemption from training by:
- Registering with the BCA LCMLA and/or CIC scheme
- Applying for a BCA Training page
This may be done when undertaking the military award (A) or in retrospect for those who already hold a military qualifications (B)
A. When undertaking a military award.
- Register with the BCA LCMLA scheme via the normal process LCMLA Registration Details
- On receipt of BCA log book and registration number, apply BCA to Military Panel Trainer/Assessor who delivered the course requesting that an S4B training record be sent to the BCA training administrator.
B. Retrospective training transfer
- Register with the BCA LCMLA and/or CIC scheme via the normal process LCMLA Registration Details
- On receipt of BCA log book and registration number, download and complete the Military Training Transfer Form Downloads and return it to the Training Administrator as indicated on the form.
Course equivalents are currently
- CVF – LCMLA level 1 training
- CVT – LCMLA level 2 training
- CVI – CIC training
To qualify for a BCA LCMLA or CIC certificate BCA Assessment must still be undertaken.
The LCMLA Handbook and CIC handbooks can be downloaded free from the Downloads page as a PDF File.